Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthday Wish


Today is in remembrance of My Mother~
Once again her Birthday comes and goes with memories of her found in photographs and memories of the mind. And all that I can help wishing is that I had just a little more time with her, to get to know her... If only I was a little older, if only I had known and could have realized, if only....
There are several wishful thoughts that could go trough my mind over and over~ but comfort truly does come through the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I will have the opportunity to see her again. I can have the opportunity to live with her again if I am but faithful. She was an incredible example, this I do know and remember. The reason I can remember it so vividly is because she had that radiance about her, you could feel it in her presence and when you looked into her eyes. She lived the Gospel of Christ. She also left a special gift for me behind through her journals. She kept her journals through her college and mission years- this is how I was able to get to know my mother and who she was. Being young its so hard to see past yourself and events that are going on in your life. I am thankful for the opportunity I have to read those journal entries to get to know my mother, since time was cut so short for us. I can hardly believe its been 12 years since her passing. My heart aches often at the thought that my girls can never meet her in this life and that I can never call her with my questions, concerns, worries, and excitements, let alone just to talk.
~Yeah, its a hard day... But I love her, miss her and am thankful for the journal entries and will forever hold them close to my heart. She was incredible and left an amazing example of what it means to be Christlike, with her time here on the earth. I smile at the thought of knowing she is finally reunited with her own mother and father, along with her amazing brother (Clair) and sister (Carol). (Whom were also incredible people with an amazing spirit about them too.)
Anyway~ Happy Birthday to My dear Mother~ You are greatly missed by many, With Love

1 comment:

  1. Melissa-
    My heart is with you today. I remember the day that you told me your mom died and I just wanted to cry for you. I love you so much and I'm so grateful that you believe in the gospel and can see your mom again one day.

    ReplyDelete